Dr. Konstantinos Kyriakopoulos
Military Doctor, Consultant Gynaecologist
Endometriosis Surgeon-Advanced Laparoscopist
Pelvic pain & Menstrual disorders Specialist
Director of Endometriosis Centre, Meditteraneo Hospital,Athens
Director of Endometriosis Clinic,401 General Army Hospital,Athens
“I am honored to join the elite and growing group of international endometriosis surgeons after being vetted by double-blinded peer review in Icarebetter as the only vetted Εndometriosis Specialist in Greece. I am honored to have put my work up for review and to be able to offer my patients quality care of an international standard.”
Dr Kyriakopoulos is the only Endometriosis Surgeon in Greece who is recommended by the well known endometriosis support group (fb) Nancy’s Nook Endometriosis Education
Dr Konstantinos Kyriakopoulos is the Deputy Director of the Gynaecology Clinic of 401 General Army Hospital in Athens/Greece. He is also the founder of a private practice which is mainly focused on the diagnosis and treatment of endometriosis, pelvic pain, menstrual disorders as well as other gynaecology conditions. He is an Advanced Laparoscopic Surgeon and uses minimal access techniques (laparoscopy-hysteroscopy) to treat any gynaecological pathology.
He is also an Honorary Research Fellow in the busiest Endometriosis and Minimally Invasive (laparoscopy- hysteroscopy) Centre in the UK (CEMIG,Chertsey,Uk).
He is an Associate Fellow of the Department of Endometriosis and Laparoscopic Surgery of the Private Hospital of “Lister” in London as well as an Associate Fellow of the respective departments in the Private Hospitals of Woking Nuffield and BMI Runnymede.
Dr Kyriakopoulos has graduated from the Military School of Combat Support Officers,Thessaloniki,Greece
and the School of Medicine ,Aristotle’s University of Thessaloniki, Greece
From 2007 to 2010 he was the Senior Medical Officer in Greek Army Special Forces and
Senior Medical Officer of the Hellenic Army in Kosovo (KFOR-NATO),Head Medical Officer of the German-Greek-French EOD
He was trained in the 2nd Surgical Department of 401 General Army Hospital as a general Surgeon
His specialty training in Obstetrics & Gynaecology took place in Alexandra University Hospital,Athens,Greece which is the busiest tertiary referral maternity hospital in Greece.
He holds a Master of Science (MSc) in Reproductive Medicine,Kapodestrian University/School of Medicine,Athens,Greece
He holds a Phd degree from faculty of Medicine,Kapodestrian University of Athens,Greece
Ο Dr. Kυριακόπουλος είναι Στρατιωτικός Ιατρός απόφοιτος της Στρατιωτικής Σχολής Αξιωματικών Σωμάτων (ΣΣΑΣ )και της Ιατρικής Σχολής του Αριστοτελείου Παν/μίου Θεσσαλονίκης.
Από το 2007 έως το 2010 τέλεσε ως υπεύθυνος ιατρός μονάδων Ειδικών Δυνάμεων καθώς επίσης και επικεφαλής ιατρός στην ελληνική ειρηνευτική αποστολή του NATO στο Κόσσοβο.
Ειδικεύθηκε στην Β’ Χειρουργική Κλινική του 401 ΓΣΝΑ ως γενικός χειρουργός.
Ειδίκεύθηκε στην Α’ Πανεπιστημιακή Κλινική Μαιευτικής και Γυναικολογίας του Νοσοκομείου Γ.Ν.Α.’’Αλεξάνδρα’’.
Είναι κάτοχος Master στην «Αναπαραγωγική και Αναγεννητική Ιατρική» της Ιατρικής Σχολής Αθηνών.
Είναι Διδάκτωρ της Ιατρικής Σχολής Αθηνών.
His subspecialty training took place in the busiest Endometriosis and Minimal Invasive Centre in UK (CEMIG-Centre for Endometriosis & Minimal Invasive Gynaecology,Chertsey,Uk).CEMIG is considered to be a worldwide reference centre in Endometriosis.Responsible for his training was Mr Shaheen Khazali who is a worldwide famous endometriosis surgeon and is considered to be a pioneer in advanced laparoscopic surgery.
During his subspecialty training he performed a very big number of complex laparoscopic procedures acquiring valuable experience and in depth knowledge in the field of Laparoscopy.
Following a series of successful exams,Dr Kyriakopoulos was accredited the recognised title of European Fellow in Obstetrics & Gynaecology (EFOG-EBCOG) from the European Society (U.E.M.S.).This Diploma is considered to be the highest title an Obstetrician/Gynaecologist can obtain in european level.
He also holds the recognised title of Fellow of American College of Obstetricians & Gynecologists (FACOG) from the American College of Obstetricians & Gynecologists.
He is accredited the title of Minimal Invasive Gynaecologic Surgeon (MIGS) from the European Society of Gynaecologic Endoscopy-ESGE).
He is also accredited and licenced by the Hellenic Health Ministry to perform Ultrasonographic evaluation and examination.
- Basic Surgical Skills of Ob&Gyn (RCOG)
- Instructor in Advanced Life Support in Obstetrics (ALSO),Aretaieion University Hospital Athens,Greece
- ALSG-Advanced Life Support in Gynaecology
- ATLS-Advanced Trauma Life Support
- PHTLS-Pre-Hospital Trauma Life Support
- ACLS-Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support
United Kingdom :The Lister Hospital,London,Uk
Woking Nuffield Hospital, Surrey, Uk
The Runnymede, BMI, Chertsey, Uk
Greece: Mediterraneo Hospital, Leto
Dr Kyriakopoulos performs all the spectrum of laparoscopic and hysteroscopic procedures,having a special interest in treating endometriosis,pelvic pain and menstrual disorders.With his group (multidisciplinary team) they work in a high standard frame and liaise closely with other groups from abroad.
Dr Kyriakopoulos is an active member of the following societies:
- British Society of Gynaecological Endoscopy (BSGE) (ref. n. 4277)
- European Society of Gynaecological Endoscopy (ESGE) (ref. n. M-08210)
- American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists (AAGL) (BSGE affiliated)
- European Endometriosis League (EEL) (ref. n. 1207)
- International Ovarian Tumor Analysis group (IOTA) (ref. n. 62419)
- British Medical Association(GMC ref. n. 7077257)
Publications in International Scientific Journals
- Kyriakopoulos K, Domali E, Stavrou S, Rodolakis A, Loutradis D, Drakakis P. Benign leiomyomas after total abdominal hysterectomy. Rich or poor estrogenic environment may lead to their recurrence?Int J Surg Case Rep. 2018;44:191-193. doi: 10.1016/j.ijscr.2018.02.029. Epub 2018 Feb 22.
- Domali, S. Stavrou, K. Kyriakopoulos, S. Mesogitis,D. Loutradis, P. Drakakis. Ultrasonographical investigation of infertile women enhanced by contrast media is equally effective to hysterosalpingography (HSG) but less painful. Ultrasound in Obstetrics & Gynecology 2014; 44 (Suppl. 1): 62–180.
- Stavrou, K. Kyriakopoulos, P. Drakakis, G. Konomos,A. Rodolakis, S. Mesogitis, D. Loutradis, E. Domali. 3D image analysis; involvement in the preoperative characterisation of ovarian masses as benign or malignant. Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynaecology Sept, 2014, Vol. 44 Issue S1, p71, 1 p.
- Domali E, Kyriakopoulos K, Antsaklis A. Ultrasonography: The Main Diagnostic Tool in Subfertile Women. Donald School J Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 2012;6(3):270-285.
- Domali E.,Papantoniou, N., Vlachopoulos F.,Kyriakopoulos K., Daskalakis G., Mesogitis S., Antsaklis A.Inversion image analysis: it could be the future in the preoperative diagnosis of ovarian lesions . Ultrasound in obstetrics & gynecology : the official journal of the International Society of Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology (Chichester : Wiley InterScience), Vol. 40 (2012), p. 145-146.
- Domali E.,Papoutsis D.,Kyriakopoulos K.,Rodolakis A., Chaidopoulos D., Mesogitis S., Antsaklis A. ImageJ system: a novel technique to identify cervical lesions. Ultrasound in obstetrics & gynecology : the official journal of the International Society of Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology (Chichester : Wiley InterScience), Vol. 38 (2011), p. 277-278.
- Domali E.,Papantoniou N., Kyriakopoulos K., Theodora M., Mesogitis S., Zoumpoulis P.S., Antsaklis A. Inversion Image Analysis and Doppler: A Technique to Characterize Preoperatively the Benignity or Malignancy of Ovarian Lesions.Ultrasound in medicine and biology : official journal of the World Federation for Ultrasound in Medicine and Biology (Tarrytown, NY : Elsevier), Vol. 37, No. 8 (2011), p. 3-4.
- Domali E.,Kyriakopoulos K.,Rodolakis A., Chaidopoulos D.,Antsaklis A. Researching female malignancies via ISUOG 2010 guidelines. Ultrasound in obstetrics & gynecology : the official journal of the International Society of Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology (Chichester : Wiley InterScience), Vol. 38 (2011), p. 275-276.
- Domali, E. Kyriakopoulos, K., Papantoniou, N., Mesogitis, S., Antsaklis, A. 3D procedure: immediate response for benignity or malignancy of ovarian lesions. Ultrasound in obstetrics & gynecology : the official journal of the International Society of Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology (Chichester : Wiley InterScience), Vol. 38 (2011), p. 125-126.
- Salemis NS1, Panagiotopoulos N, Papamichail V, Kiriakopoulos K, Niakas E. Ovarian fibrothecoma. An uncommon cause of a large pelvic mass.Int J Surg Case Rep. 2011;2(3):29-31. doi: 10.1016/j.ijscr.2010.07.005. Epub 2010 Dec 13.
Presentations in International Congresses
- (Best selected video) En-block resection of the “butterfly area” for deep infiltrative endometriosis-Session:Best Selected Video 1,ESGE 28th Annual Congress,Abstract Number: ES28-0177
- From chaos to order: restoring anatomy in a frozen pelvis- Free Communications 13: Endometriosis | Adenomyosis,ESGE 28th Annual Congress,Abstract Number: ES28-0178
- From chaos to order: restoring anatomy in frozen pelvis and segmental bowel resection for full thickness rectovaginal nodule,ESGE 28th Annual Congress, ID Number: ES28-0182
- Endometriosis: Segmental bowel resection for full thickness bowel nodule-Session:Surgical technique-presentation N.13,27th European Board College of Obstetrics and Gynaecology Congress.
- Endometriosis: En-block resection of the “Buttefly” area for DIE-Session:Surgical technique-presentation N.8, 27th European Board College of Obstetrics and Gynaecology Congress.
- Diaphragmatic endometriosis and segmental bowel resection for full thickness rectal nodule-Session:Video-Free Communications.ESGE 30th Annual Congress,Abstract Number ES30-0220.
- Restoring anatomy in a frozen pelvis and segmental bowel resection (NOSE) for full thickness nodule.Session:Video display-01/EEC 301.6th Endometriosis Congress,Bordeaux,France.
This post is also available in: Ελληνικα